Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday night update:

Been working so hard that tonight just decided to stop at 6:30 and relax a bit. I even decided to cook something and enjoy a decent meal.  I find if I work much later, I’m tired, cranky and get clumsy.  My kids use a phrase we learned from a friend, I get HANGRY; it’s hungry/angry. So, I cleaned up and started dinner.

As I was making dinner, the whole house power went out. I checked then breaker box and it was fine. Ross had just texted me, so I texted him back and he felt terrible.  I waited, thinking maybe it would come on again. Poor Ross, I do fine and then he called and I started crying.  I’m sitting in the dark, dinner half cooked and I just lost it for a bit.  I asked him if going to bed crying while curled in the fetal position would work. 

Plus I dropped our one little flashlight.  You have to hold the knob to keep it on and it slipped.  So now I’m on the ground feeling for the batteries which had fallen out.  So tomorrow on my little grocery run, a new decent flashlight is top of the list.  The power had now been off about 45 minutes.

So, after a good cry, I sucked it up and went next door. Met my neighbor and found out she had power and we could see lights across the street, so it was just me.  She came to look, her husband was away, and I think helping his parents. She looked at the box with me, but didn’t know what to do. Then she took me across the street to get the man neighbor who came and re-set the whole house. Apparently when I put the oven and the cooktop on while the dryer was running...poof, the whole house blew. So, new rule....dryer only...then other things. At least now I know what to do, there is a major switch in a different area that controls it all.  . I talked to my relocation lady and she will call tomorrow to get us more power ????? Didn't even know you could do that. She said it costs a bit more, but seriously, I didn't have anything else on power wise, I think we could go to the next level.

So, another little lesson learned and now I've met two neighbors.  Fortunately it was dark enough and they couldn’t see my puffy eyes.  My eyes look terrible when I cry like that, so I hate crying for that reason. 

We are still having record cold and snow is expected again the beginning of the week.  It’s crazy, everyone keeps commenting on the weather and the news is full of it.  I will be really happy when next weekend it looks like it will be in the high 30’s or low 40’s.  I don’t mind a little of it, but these 10 days so far in the teens for a high are really cold! 

I’m really fine, just tired, sore and my hands are soooo dry and cracked.  Oh how I hate that!  The boxes and paper aren’t helping either!  I’m off for a cup of tea and a good sleep.  Love our new bed, it’s very comfy and today I put together one night stand so I even have a bedside lamp to read by.  Tomorrow the night stand for the other side of the bed. 

Also put together a table for the living room, so next to me there is a lamp as well.  It’s coming…just slowly.  Just thought I’d add tonight’s frustrating moment to my blog.  Now it just seems funny, but oh in the moment…..not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment